The Healing Within
For today only:
Do not worry
Do not anger
Be honest in your work
Be compassionate to yourself and others
(from the Mikao Usui memorial stone)
Reiki is an ancient healing art which has its origins in Japan. It is a system of healing which was developed by a Japanese man, Dr. Mikao Usui. The word Reiki is usually translated as Universal Life-force Energy, or Spiritual Energy. The word is divided into two parts - Rei meaning "wisdom and knowledge of all the Universe". It means the Higher Intelligence that guides the creation and functioning of the Universe. Ki is the life-force energy which flows through every living thing - plants, animals, people - and which is present in some form in everything around us, even in rocks and inanimate objects.
Reiki is a safe, gentle, non-intrusive, hands-on healing art. Reiki is suitable for everyone, even babies and elderly people. It works to bring balance and harmony to all aspects of our being - body, mind, emotions and spirit. Reiki is not a religion. Reiki is not dependent on any belief system. It transcends cultural and religious boundaries.Here are some situations where Reiki can be used:
- To heal yourself and others.
- To encourage personal growth and spiritual development.
- To heal pets and plants
- To heal personal relationship and work problems
- To encourage a feeling of calm before an upcoming stressful event.
- To compliment other holistic therapies.
- To send healing to a specific world situation or natural disaster.
The Reiki Healing Treatment
A Reiki Treatment usually takes between one hour and one and a half hours. During the treatment, the recipient lies on a couch or plinth and remains fully clothed throughout the treatment. The practitioner places her/his hands in various positions on or just over the body. There is no manipulation or massage involved. The recipient usually (though not always) experiences a state of deep relaxation and may experience feelings of heat or cold coming from the practitioner's hands. The Reiki energy flows through the practitioner's hands into the aura and physical body of the recipient. The high vibrational energy helps to break down energetic disruptions or blockages in the energy pathways and allows the life-force to flow in a healthy and natural way around the whole body. This high frequency healing energy stimulates and accelerates the body's own natural healing ability, so that pain relief and physical healing can take place quickly and easily. Everybody's experience of Reiki is personal to them as we are all unique human beings with a very different life experience. Reiki works to compliment conventional medical treatments and also compliments other holistic treatments.
Reported benefits and Uses of Reiki:
- Reiki boosts the immune system
- Helps ease stress and bring about a state of relaxation
- Speeds up recovery after surgery or major illness
- Increases confidence and self esteem
- Bring about harmony on the physical, spiritual, emotional and mental level.
- To create a feeling of confidence and increase self esteem
- During recovery from surgery after cancer or heart surgery or any major illness.
- To complement other holistic therapies
- Following a bereavement or loss
- During times of life changes, such as menopause, moving house or job.
- During pregnancy and childbirth
- In palliative care Reiki brings comfort and peace and helps bring about a peaceful transition from this life.
Treatment Duration Cost
Reiki Treatment 1 hour €50
Gift Vouchers available
Start your journey to health and well-being
Book a Reiki treatment at The Healing Within
Phone: 087-2067869 or email [email protected]